You could be eligible for a cochlear implant if:
- A severe to profound hearing loss has been diagnosed.
- Hearing aids are unable to help your level of hearing loss.
- You are becoming socially isolated.
- Your hearing loss means you are unable to work or your job is under threat.
- You are unable to communicate effectively.
You will need to make an appointment with your audiologist to discuss your suitability for a cochlear implant and if suitable, they can refer you to your local cochlear implant program.
For more information on the cochlear implant assessment process: